Saturday, August 14, 2010

Boise is dangerous

OK, so Thursday, Frank came to work with me.  I looked up from my computer and saw him playing with something on the floor.  It was a GIANT black beetle (I learned later it was called a Stink Bug).  I am not kidding that it was about 2 inches long.  My puppy stepped on it and I freaked out!  I was pretty sure it was going to take a bite out of Frank and suck out his insides through its giant evil fangs of death!  Actually it just walked away but it was a close call.  Then I made one of the production guys come and take it out.  So scary!
Then, Friday night I was leaving the apartment to take out some garbage (big Friday night for me) and there was a spider the size of my big toe that was wasblocking me from the front door.  I thought about stepping around it and  taking my chances, but then he raised up his front legs and hissed at me - there is some serious evil insectiness in Boise!
Today was fun - Frank and I went for a 3 hour hike.  It was beautiful and we were done by 11:00 so never got too hot.  Frank has been sleeping ever since.  Once he wakes up we are going to go swimming.  I have been finishing unpacking my bedroom and bathroom.  That leaves the kitchen and living room to finish. 
Thinking about going out tonight, but am more interested in getting finished with unpacking my stuff.  Maybe a nice bottle of wine while I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment