So I got up at 5 a.m. to go for a run with Frank. Everything was going well as I left the apartment, but it was pitch black and I am running along towards the river walk and I trip over a short wall. Down I fall, hitting my knee (injured previously in my hiking incident) and scraping my elbow. My knee has a huge lump and about 3 square inches of bruise, and my elbow is red and raw and bloody - gross. I am in a lot of pain from the knee - feels like I cracked the kneecap. Obviously I did not because I am walking on it, but it hurts like hell and Vicodin is not touching it! Plus, now that I am OLD I do not heal very quicly. I need to stop hurting myself.
Then, I came home and took a shower (painful, especially on the bloody elbow) and started to dry my hair; and the power went out in the bathroom. Blew a fuse. Day going great so far!
However, been at work for hours and Frank has been a very good dog. I found out that I can apply for a House Counsel reciprocity which means I can do everything I need to do for work, and dont have to take the bar. Perhaps the best part of it is that I am not allowed to give advice to anyone outside my company, and even for my company I cannot litigate in front of anybody. That makes it easier when issues come up that need litigation - I simply cannot do it and will have to hire outside counsel. Works for me! Day IS going great so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment