Adventure: going for a hike in Camels Back park
Misadventure - typing my own shoelaces together in the middle of my hike
So, I was walking along, enjoying the sun and the views and suddenly, my feet were tied together. I was wearing hiking boots that lace in the traditional manner over the foot, but going up the ankle there are hooks for the laces. I simply laced them up to the hooks and tied a bow. The hooks were empty and apparently looking for something to fill them. When I stepped, one of the loops from the lace of my right foot, got caught in the hook on my left foot, and effectively tied my laces together. I kept trying to step to catch myself and could not - although I managed to make many :seizure like" attempts at doing so.. I finally fell down, scraping my hands, elbow and taking a large chunk out of my knee. Luckily for me, I am enough of a klutz that I anticipated just such an event. I brought two bandaids and some neosporin in my backpack. By the time I got the neosporin on my knee, blood was running down my leg. Put the bandaids on and kept walking. Looked down about half an hour later and the bandaids were falling off, blood was again running down my leg, and I was out of options. I wiped the blood off onto my tanktop (black, luckily; gross regardless) and shoved some dust into the wound to soak up the blood. I was not ready to turn around so we kept hiking for another hour. Overall it was a lot of fun, but today I am sporting a pretty nasty looking gash on my knee, and a story that makes me sound stupid no matter how I explain it!
No comments:
Post a Comment