Friday, August 13, 2010

Parking is dangerous

So it is Friday morning, and I arrived in Boise almost one week ago.  The move started out a bit rough.  Saturday morning I went out to my car to start loading it for the move from Portland to Boise, and I saw that sometime in the night, someone had smashed into the side of my car.  Fortunately for me I have amazing parents and my dad took my car to be repaired and I drove his car to Boise.  My mom also made the drive with me and we had a great time along the way.  The scenery is beautiful.  We got into Boise at about 7:30 and finally found my new apartments.  I unlocked the door and the first thing we saw was the view out the living room window - a pond/lake.  Absolutely beautiful with the sun setting and reflecting on the water.  That first night was amazing.  No traffic noise at all; the only thing that woke me up was the geese landing on the lake.  The next day we headed out to the river which is just across the parking lot from my apartment.  We started walking on the beautiful paved trail along the river and my puppy kept jumping in the water.  Guess he is a water dog.  We saw a fox and Frank (puppy) and Fox had a stare down.  My trailer of meagre furnishings did not arrive until Tuesday afternoon.My mom and I unloaded everything - yes, we are awesome.  Then I had to take a quick shower and head out to a fundraiser for Boise Governor Butch Otter (a REPUBLICAN).  Yes, it was for work or there is no way I would have gone!  My mom finally left Wednesday morning and I was sorry to see her go.  She was fun to hang out with and she was a huge help.  Frank went to daycare on Wednesday and then to work with me on Thursday.  He did very well.  He is at daycare today and I hope he is exhausted when I pick him up!  He is expensive and time consuming but I love him and we are having a great time.  Plus it is very good for me to have someone else to care about besides myself.  Have only been able to run a couple of short (2 and 4 mile) runs since getting here, but am hoping to finish unpacking this weekend and leave more time for a workout. 
I know I am going to miss my friends and family, but I have not yet.  So far I love Boise - there have been several amazing storms but I am really looking forward to the hot weather this weekend. 
Tonight after work I might swim at the pool, pick up Frank, and then have a dinner of wine and popcorn.  Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment